Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Poem for Dogs on Thursday

EVERY DAY FOR EVERY DOG

Mondays dog is fair of snout,
Tuesdays dog will never pout,
Wednesdays pup is dog-eat-dog,
Thursdays dog is on a blog,
Fridays dog is squirmy and wiggly,
Saturdays dog antics make me feel giggly,
And the dog you find on the Sabbath day
is loving and happy and good all day.

First I forgot it was Thursday. So I picked up the camera to track down a beastie for a picture. Yuck, they need baths and a good brushing. No photo. Can't think of anything to write. I'm sitting here thinking "dogs on thursday, dogs on thursday..." & that poem about mondays child gets stuck in my head. O.K. So I'll google the poem with dogs and see if there is a dog version. Nope. We need a dog day poem, don't we? The hard part for me was rhyming blog. And I only went with blog because I couldn't rhyme "on the web".

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Great Poem. Can I use it? g

lora said...

Sure! Have at it.

Unknown said...

What a gr8 poem! Good job! Come by mine and see how unbelievable the wrinkly pups are I posted - Happy DOT!

YawnOver said...

He he :) Very cute.

Vivian said...

Love your poem. When I run out of things to say (like that's going to happen), I just toss an old picture on the blog. We can always look at cute dogs!

Anonymous said...

your such a dork! oh, ok....i will admit it was kinda cute but i am still moms favorite!
your sis

Criquette said...

This is great! I'm going to link to this in my next blog.

Mindy said...

I love the poem!

Paula said...

I love that dog poem!